Sunday, July 17, 2016

Spanish Civil War Pilot

This figure came with my copy of the SCW special issue of Painting War. Like most of the figures and projects in this project it's a figure I started the day I got it, painted most of, then moved on to something else.

It's currently the only SCW era figure in my collection. A SCW Chain of Command project is something I'd like to do in the future but not any time soon. The Empress figure are absolutely gorgeous and something I'd love to paint even if I never get around to gaming it.

Though the figure is described as 28mm it's a bit on the small side proportion wise. A nice figure to paint though the detail was a bit smaller than what I'm used to. For the most part I followed the guide in the magazine and was really happy with the leather jacket. 

Like most of the stuff in this project, there were only a couple details to finish. Everything in the previous post's list will be either finished (based, varnished etc.) or put away for another time. Off the top of my head, a lot of the WWII stuff will probably see the back of the closet as it isn't an era I game often.

Two other things I'd like to work on as i chronicle all this nonsense are a better photo editor and a better way to photo this stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment